Latest NewsMonday 14 August 2017
Vote for your favourite courtroom drama and win a £60 Cinema Voucher courtesy of Swindon Accident Solicitors
Swindon Accident Solicitors’ successful track record when it comes to helping people with personal injury and accident claims is a matter of public record. Less well-known is the fact that our expert legal team boasts several lifelong film buffs. In fact, some of our veteran lawyers have fond memories of The Savoy pub in Regent Street when it was a triple-screen ABC Cinema!
We love our movies and if the big screen hero is a smart and savvy lawyer taking on the bad guys, even better. Tense courtroom dramas have produced some of the most celebrated protagonists in Hollywood history, from Henry Fonda’s crusading juror in the 1957 classic 12 Angry Men right through to Rachel Weisz fighting Holocaust apologists in last year’s Denial.
Now as a tribute to the silver screen’s most memorable legal heroes, Swindon Accident Solicitors is inviting all our Facebook friends to vote for the best ever courtroom drama in our 2017 Movie Competition.
The winning prize is a Cinema Voucher worth £60 for Cineworld in Regent Circus, just a stone’s throw away from the Swindon Accident Solicitors office as well as two much missed cinemas, the aforementioned Savoy and the old Odeon, now the MECA entertainment venue.
To enter this fantastic competition, simply ‘Like’ the Swindon Accident Solicitors Facebook page, Vote for your favourite movie from the shortlist of six, and ‘Share’ our 2017 Movie Competition post with your friends.
To help you decide which film to vote for, here is the lowdown on the runners and riders.
To Kill a Mockingbird – Based on Harper Lee’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, this much loved 1962 movie stars Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch, a small town lawyer who defends a black man wrongly accused of raping a white woman in America’s Deep South.
Erin Brockovich – Julia Roberts stars as a feisty single mother who becomes a legal assistant and then almost single-handedly brings down a powerful California energy corporation accused of polluting a city’s water supply.
A Few Good Men – As he defends two Marines accused of murder, Tom Cruise’s dashing young lawyer takes on Jack Nicholson as a tough and hostile colonel in the witness box.
The Verdict – Paul Newman stars as a down-at-heel lawyer who attempts to redeem himself by taking a medical malpractice case all the way to trial rather than accept a shoddy out of court settlement.
Philadelphia – One of the first Hollywood movies to address AIDS discrimination, this 1993 drama stars Tom Hanks as a gay corporate layer who is fired from his prestigious law firm after his bosses find out he has AIDS.
A Civil Action – John Travolta files a lawsuit on behalf of the victims of toxic water contamination and in doing so tussles with powerful conglomerates whose local factories caused the deadly pollution.
The winner of the £60 Cineworld Voucher will be announced here and on the Swindon Accident Solicitors Facebook page on October 1st, 2017.
And remember, you can enter our 2017 Movie Competition in just 3 easy clicks on Facebook - Like, Vote, and Share.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. Promotion open to UK residents only.
2. Participants must be age 18 or over.
3. Participants acknowledge that this promotion is not endorsed, sponsored, administered or associated by Facebook in any way, and that Facebook are released from any responsibility in relation to this promotion.
4. Personal Timelines and friend connections on Facebook cannot be used to administer promotions (e.g. “share on your Timeline to enter” or “share on your friend’s Timeline to get additional entries”, and "tag your friends in this post to enter" are not permitted).
5. Closing date for entry is September 30, 2017 at 23.59. Entries after this date will not be accepted.
6. The winner will be drawn and notified via Facebook on October 01, 2017.
7. Only one entry is permitted per person, any duplicates will be invalid.
8. This promotion is not open to employees of Swindon Accident Solicitors.
9. The winner will receive a £60 Cineworld Voucher to be used in participating cinemas. There is no cash equivalent.
10. Swindon Accident Solicitors reserve the right to withdraw this promotion at any time.
11. Participants’ contact details may be used by Swindon Accident Solicitors for targeted communications.
12. Participants’ personal and contact details will not be passed on to any Third Parties for commercial or other reasons.